George Smith Boarding House that is now the Percy Lodge
The picture above shows the George Smith Boarding House in the early 1900's. It later became the Percy Post office.
At that time, Percy was a small village with its own railroad depot, general store and dozens of houses all serving the logging industry. Once the loggers left, the businesses in the village closed and the buildings were repurposed as single family homes or they fell into disrepair and were abandoned.
Comparing the picture above to the present day picture of the Lodge on the right, you will see that the attached barn has been removed and the main structure has been completely renovated.
The large building to the right of the Lodge is a 5-story barn that was dismantled long ago and that area is now the parking lot for Percy Lodge.
Present day Percy Lodge has been completed updated and is also handicap accessible
Kevin and Karen Spencer started work on the Lodge and campground in 2012. After 4 years of work, they opened the doors for their first guests in 2016.
Kevin is a master carpenter and is one of only a handful of craftsmen trusted to work on the Stark Covered Bridge in the center of town. With his extensive woodworking skills, Percy Lodge was transformed from an old boarding house to modern accommodations with all the amenities found in most hotels.
Karen has an accounting background and she is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Lodge and campground. Karen also knows a lot about the area and she is a great resource for guests planning trips to the many outdoor destinations in the area.